For anyone looking down new avenues of writing, or maybe just wanting to dip their toes in the copywriting pond.
Here are 10 perfect books on copywriting for writers:
Freelance copywriter specializing in business-to-business, high-tech and direct advertising, Robert W. Bly, reveals dozens of copywriting techniques that can help you write ads, commercials, and direct mail that are clear, persuasive, and get more attention, so you can sell more products. In his new revised third edition he includes essential information for mastering copywriting in the Internet era, and includes advice on Web- and e-mail- based copywriting.
2. The Ultimate Direct Marketing, Copywriting & Advertising Bible - More than 850 Direct Response Strategies, Techniques, Tips and Warning Every Business Should Apply Now to Sky Rocket Sales By Greg Perry
This massive collection of selling wisdom was designed to maximise your income and minimise the time you spend implementing each technique out of the hundreds given to you here.
3. The Adweek Copywriting Handbook: The Ultimate Guide to Writing Powerful Advertising and Marketing Copy from One of America's Top Copywriters By Joseph Sugarman
Legendary copywriter Joseph Sugarman provides you with proven guidelines and expert advice on what it takes to write a copy that will entice, motivate, and move customers to buy.
4. Persuasive Copywriting: Using Psychology to Influence, Engage and Sell By Andy Maslen
Andy Maslen Managing Director of Sunfish, a copywriting agency, uses psychology, emotion, and a pinch of neuroscience. Presenting 25 psychological techniques. Along with 110 words and phrases that trigger emotions, over 10 real-world case studies, and 75 practical exercises to help writers who've already mastered the basics, write enjoyable, compelling copy which makes a mark in today's busy marketplace. Covering topics like: how to make spending money look like a privilege, the ancient Greek secret of emotionally engaging copy, when to use pictures instead of words, how to use the right tone of voice, and avoiding common copywriting traps.
5. Contagious: Why Things Catch On By Jonah Berger
Associate professor of marketing at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Jonah Berger, explains why certain products and ideas become popular. Contagious, Berger informs the reader of the secret science behind word-of-mouth and social transmission. Showing how six basic principles drive all sorts of things to become contagious.
6. Copywriting: Successful Writing for Design, Advertising and Marketing By Mark Shaw
Professional copywriter of over 25 years, Mark Shaw, employs simple techniques to craft strong written content with ease. Including insightful interviews from leading copywriters, as well as illustrated case studies of major brands, in this new expanded edition. Teaching the art of writing great copy for digital media, branding, marketing and, retailing, catalogs, company magazines, and internal communications.
7. Breakthrough Copywriting: How to Generate Quick Cash with the Written Word By David Garfinkel
Acclaimed creator of Copywriters Podcast David Garfinkel, teaches you how to shatter sales records with the written word. Breakthrough Copywriting makes everything simple, by breaking it down into a step-by-step process. Experienced marketers will benefit from new strategies and tactics that will show how to build a powerful sales message that makes money, get insider secrets for "amping up" emotional power of your copy, and more....
8. Words that Sell: More than 6000 Entries to Help You Promote Your Products, Services and Ideas By Richard Bayan
Award winning advertising copywriter Richard Bayan, shows you a better way to say "authentic" words, giving you 57 alternatives. Fully updated and expanded this copywriting classic is packed full of inspiration for busy professionals who need to win customers, by mail, online, or in person.
9. How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often By Ray Edwards
Communications strategist and copywriter for some of the most powerful voices in leadership and business, Ray Edwards shows you how to write copy without sounding "salesy". Taking you through a step-by-step guide to writing fast, easy-to-read, effective copy. For anyone writing copy that needs to make money - including copywriters, freelancers and entrepreneurs.
10. This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn to See By Seth Godin
International bestsellling author, Seth Godin, offers the core of his marketing wisdom in one compact, accessible, timeless package. Showing you how to reframe your product or service and present it to the world and, to connect meaningfully with the people who want it.
Share this post with your friends!
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you purchase
through my links, you're supporting 1976write - and we thank you for