What You Need to Know About Affiliate Marketing
Every affiliate marketer wants enough traffic to sell their own products. However, the truth is having lots of traffic doesn't always translate to lots of affiliate sales.
What you need are customers interested in buying the products you sell. You know there's something wrong somewhere if you have traffic, but no sales.
Discover 4 tips to convert blog traffic into affiliate sales:
1. Find the Right Kind of Customer
Interested visitors, and visitors just passing through are two very different kinds of traffic. You need people who actually want to buy what you have to sell on your blog, whether its books, courses, or other products your promoting.
You can do this by understanding what your readers like, and writing blog posts that include keywords and information to draw them in.
2. Connect With Your Audience and Sell Your Ideas
This is the hard part, being able to communicate and get your message across to your audience in such a way that they'll click on your links and buy your products. If you're not attracting the right kind of visitor, you need to reevaluate your content and discover what you're doing wrong.
Maybe you need to inject a bit about your personal life into your blog, by writing stories and events that have taken place, in order to draw your readers in.
By communicating more effectively you can connect with your readers on a more personal level, and earn their trust, and in time they'll start buying your products.
3. Make Your Website User Friendly
Make sure your blog is easy-to-use to so that visitors can find what they're looking for.
Try out some of these useful tips:
- Introduce a sense of urgency (encouraging visitor's to buy instantly)
- Include elements of trust, to build credibility
- Make a call-to-action on every blog post
- Remember - AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action)
- Make sure your search box is clear throughout your blog
- Make your blog more attractive with images
- Limit distractions and flashy advertising
4. Record Results
Use your analytics to accurately measure your website traffic and clicks. If you know where your website traffic is coming from it will help you maximise on your sales conversions.
I'd love to hear about any other affiliate sales tips in the comments below.