Signing up for your LinkedIn account is a walk-in-the-park, but gaining followers is something that requires a lot more guidance.
There are a couple of approaches you can take, these include promoting your page and producing content that will increase your online visibility, and drive shares to your blog posts.
In this article we're going to look at 28 different ways to gain more followers using both of these strategies.
1. The LinkedIn company page is where customers and followers of your company can learn more about what your company does, and great place to find out any updates and information that customers may want to know.
2. Create content for optimal amplification, write "how to" and "best of" lists a regular company post, according to LinkedIn they get 40% more traffic than regular blog posts.
3. If you own a YouTube channel you're likely to gain twice as many followers than non-video posts.
4. Integrate keywords in your description, and in your posts to optimise your LinkedIn page.
5. Regularly connect and comment on your current LinkedIn followers first.
6. Share your thoughts and insights in LinkedIn groups, people will grow to trust you and start checking out your profile page.
7. 53% of professionals joined LinkedIn to get access to company news so share a little.
8. Cross pollinate your other channels and promote your LinkedIn profile page.
9. Add a LinkedIn follow and share buttons on your website or blog.
10. Populate your profile page with valuable content to entice your audience.
11. Create a blog post about LinkedIn and add your profile page link within the post.
12. Write a regular blog posts on LinkedIn.
13. Increase shares and follows by monitoring which blog posts are read the most on your LinkedIn profile.
14. Share useful content with your followers.
15. Create attractive images on your LinkedIn posts.
16. Ask employees and colleagues to share your posts on the web.
17. Follow like-minded individuals in your niche.
18. Include a call to action at the end of each blog post, ask all visitors to follow your blog or company.
19. Use the 80/20 rule for self-promotion, 80% of other peoples content and 20% of your own.
20. Grow your page by posting regularly and consistently.
21. Share job offers from your company whenever they come, this can often to lead to more followers.
22. Make sure your LinkedIn profile is complete, LinkedIn likes full profiles.
23. Your company logo will automatically display when you put it as your current place of employment.
24. Draw more clicks with trending topics on your blog posts.
25. For maximum impact post during LinkedIn's busiest hours which are, Monday to Friday, morning to midday.
26. Make sure all of your connections are synched on LinkedIn.
27. Capture visitor's attention with an eye-catching homepage image.
28. Follow as many relevant pages as possible to grow your page.
Share this post with your friends!