I've compiled a list of the 10 of the most read books by writers. Ranging from creative writing, self-publishing to book marketing.
Creativity and Writing
1. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft - Stephen King
Take your insight from a writer that's been there and seen it all, even mega famous writers have difficult times. Read his timeless advice.
2. Writing Down The Bones: Freeing the Writer Within - Natalie Goldberg
Get some solid advice with insight, humour and practicality. Natalie Goldberg isn't afraid of showing her vulnerability when it comes to writing.
3. The Pursuit of Perfection and How it Harms Writers - Kristine Kathryn Rusch
If finishing a project is a problem you struggle with this book will help you.
4. Ignore Everybody: And 39 Keys to Creativity - Hugh McLeod
Discover how to tap into your creativity and make money from what you love. Learn from Hugh McLeod who shifted from cartoons on the back of business cards to a massive online business.
5. Let's Get Digital: How to Self-Publish and Why You Should - David Gaughran
A complete book on self-publishing with no hidden agenda, from author David Gaughran who campaigns for indie rights.
6. Choosing a Self-Publishing Service: How to For Authors - Orna Ross, Jim Giammatteo, Mick Rooney
A book by authors written for authors, to show you how to evaluate self-publishing companies and do it yourself.
7. Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook - Helen Sedwick
Shows you how to use images as an indie author, things to look out for in contracts with self-publishing companies and collaborating with others.
8. Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World - Michael Hyatt
This does a great job showing you what you can do with a platform for a small business.
9. This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn to Be Seen -Seth Godin
A game changing approach to marketing, sales, and advertising. Godin offers the core of his marketing wisdom in one compact, accessible, and timeless package.
10. 1001 Ways to Market Your Books - John Kremer
A captivating resource with plenty of offline marketing tips and many online ones to get your book in the spotlight.
Share this post with your friends!
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you purchase through my links, you're supporting 1976write - and we thank you for that!