Friday, April 19, 2019

How to be a Successful Writer on Social Media


Social media is being used by thousands of writers around the world to promote their work, and hopefully get their face seen by a publisher.

Here are a 10 points to start you on your road to writing success with the help of social media.



How Writers Can Find Success on Social Media

1. Your writing should always take first place.  Without your writing you wouldn't have anything to promote, so make sure it's always first on your list.

https://mailchi.mp/c8dd618f24cd/landingpage1976write


2. Try all platforms, start with one, then another.  After you're comfortable with more than a couple, start looking into other networks, because you don't know how successful you'll be until you try.

3. Open your profiles up to the public, but make sure you only include the information you want people to know about yourself.


4. Customise and brand your social media platforms.  Create a consistent brand on all, including a bio, tagline, and let others know what you're about.

5. Be regular and consistent on all platforms, this means you need to post regularly (if you can).

6. Look for like-minded individuals like yourself, you can do this across all of your platforms by simply searching or clicking on social media buttons on sites. 

7. Along with your own blog posts, share other bloggers posts to, this is called content curation.  You may pick up some new followers along the way.

8. Share your work, and use these sites as a platform to share work you've had published including, free eBooks, paperback books, papers you've written.  This is your chance to showcase your work, and get as many people interested as possible.

9. Avoid the hard sell on social media, people will soon stop engaging with you. Instead use the 80/20 rule, 80% of your social media posts should inform, educate, and entertain your audience, while the other 20% should directly promote your own blog or business.

10. Tailor your approach according to the platform your using.  And always put your writing first.


Share this post with your friends!

Comment