Do you feel like your blog is in a bit of a slump at the moment?
I know the common cure for this is writing great content, or content that converts, but this isn't enough sometimes. You need to look at how your marketing your content, your blog is an entity all on its own. For this you need to know what your audience likes reading about.
Here are 20 Simple Way to Build Your Blog Audience:
1. Tell your nearest and dearest about your blog, and get them to comment and share your blog posts.
2. Join social media, connecting with friends, family, old classmates, and former work colleagues. Your main aim is to grow your social media circle.
3. Crete a link to your blog in your social media profiles. Do this on all of your accounts, and create a short biography about your blog.
4. Promote, promote, promote. Share your blog posts on social media every time you publish a post. Create hashtags and images to attract new readers to your blog.
5. Start as many social media profiles as you can, so people can find you.
6. If you're finding it difficult to motivate yourself, find a like-minded blog buddy so you can help each other out.
7. Find your own tribe of fellow bloggers on a social media platform.
8. Leave useful comments on other peoples blogs.
9. Engage in chats on Twitter. Leave a simple message like "Hi, I'm Helen and I blog at https://www.1976write.com/".
10. Become a member of relevant groups on LinkedIn.
11. Write guest blog posts for other blogs.
12. Write articles for other organisations, asking for a link back to your blog along with a short bio.
13. Leave a call-to-action on your newsletters.
14. Join business groups, such as the Chamber of Commerce.
15. Go local, join social groups in your local area.
16. Set up presentations about what you do, tell people what you're writing about at conferences.
17. Go to writing conferences. Include your blog name and URL on your nametag.
18. Put your name down for HARO (Help a Reporter Out). Respond to press requests and include your blog name and URL.
19. Design your own business cards, and include your blog URL.
20. Give out free stuff on your blog. People love free docs, pens, t-shirts etc.
Don't rely on just one method of marketing, try them all. See which ones work the best for your blog.
I'd love to hear your ideas about building a blog audience, in the comments below.
Share this post with your friends!