If you're just starting your blogging journey and everything is pretty new. You may have heard about Google Analytics.
It's an important tool to help you keep an eye on the progress of your blog.
If you're using Blogger you will have noticed the stats section on your Blogger dashboard. it's useful but doesn't give you the in-depth information you can get from Google Analytics.
What is Google Analytics?
- Used by thousands of bloggers everywhere, and one of the most popular programs for checking stats. It has many features that will give you an accurate breakdown of your blog traffic.
- Sign in or sign up for a Google account for Google Analytics. If you use Blogger, Gmail or YouTube then you already have one.
- Log in to your Google Analytics account and you'll see a screen explaining Google Analytics. Click Sign up.
- Fill in the form. Don't worry about the industry category. This doesn't affect tracking and data collection, it just helps Google to adapt the service to you.
- Click, get your Tracking ID, accept Terms and Conditions. You'll find your Tracking ID in
- If you're using Blogger you can add your Tracking ID number (UA-00000000-0). Go to Settings > Other and enter your Tracking ID number to the last section called Analytics Web Property ID and save settings. It will take 24 hours for your data to show on your blog stats.
Adding Google Analytics to on WordPress
If you're self-hosting WordPress, you can use a plugin to add your Tracking ID or add the Tracking Code directly to your themes header.php file.
Read more in the series:
Install Google Analytics to Your Blog
Add Share Buttons to Your Blog Using Add to Any
Add Terms and Conditions Page on Your Blog