Why you need images in content marketing
Images were not that necessary a few years ago, this meant you could get away with not using them and instead concentrate on text only content. These days all of that has changed and visual content is a "must have" on the internet, if you really want to stay relevant.
See below 10 great reasons to include images in your content:
- Its easy, cheap and free to create really eye popping images for your readers (images used in this post were created using PicMonkey).
- You can show off your product without going to over the top.
- You can share images on almost every social networking site.
- People process images much faster than text based content.
- Conveying a message is much easier with an image.
- Readers are immediately drawn to an attractive image in a busy news feed.
- Written content appears shorter and easier to consume when images are there to break up the text.
- Skimming is the way most people look through content online.
- Blog posts with images are more likely to get read than those without.
- Emotions are affected through images.
Why I use PicMonkey to create my visual content
Most people tend to use Photoshop which is expensive and highly technical, especially if you've never used it before. But PicMonkey is a free creative image platform to alter photographs, create collages, create eBook covers or great images online.
PicMonkey (the free photo editing website), yes I really did say free.
So not only is PicMonkey free its also, really useful and creative but chock full of really useful tools to create fabulous images with drag and drop ease!
Some of PicMonkey's features
|Starting with your photo you can add some really great fonts|
Once You've uploaded your image you can do some basic editing:
|You can do so many different overlays and effects with PicMonkey, it rivals Instagram|
Want a funky border or style? Want to create shape, add speech or arrows?
The features and functions provided by PicMonkey is something you can play around with for hours. Here's something I created within 5 minutes, an image deserving of any Facebook or Twitter page.
With the tools and filters PicMonkey offers you can create a professional image that really catches the eyes.
Why not create a quote, they're really popular these days. You could create one for your niche or industry, use a quote that is suited to your industry.
Quick Note: If you want to take your photo editing and creation to another level you can purchase "Royale" for $2.75, the cost of a coffee, per month (or 9 cents a day).
So there it is, images you can produce easily and quickly, and have a whole lot of fun with!
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you purchase through these links you are supporting 1976write and we thank you for that.